George Siemens, one of the greatest educational thinkers and researchers of our time, will be in Australia in August and September.
- the ‘father’ of the Connectivism – a learning theory for the digital age
- among one of the first to facilitate a MOOC
- leading the international Society for Learning Analytics Research (SOLAR)
While in Australia, George will be a guest presenter at “Designing Learning in the Digital Age” in Sydney on 21 August. George’s presentation is titled “Changing pedagogical practice through open and participatory learning approaches”. George will also be answering all of your questions about changing educational practices in the digital age.
George will also be in Adelaide on 4 September for two events:
- a half-day masterclass to help you work through the Complexities in Education, and Participatory Pedagogy
- a networking event where George will draw on his international travels to share the “Prominent trends in educational technology from different regions around the world“
You can view the quality of his presentation work via his most recent presentation slides.
At all of these event you will be able to interact and ask questions of George on topics such as MOOCs, learning analytics and his educational theory of Connectivism.
Hope you can join us.